At Aristotle, we are building innovative software systems used by political organizations to reach their constituents. We are looking for a Senior Database Developer with DBA experience who can take the lead on our latest project, PredictIt—a political futures exchange where you can buy and sell predictions on the outcome of political events. This is an exciting new market and career opportunity.
PredictIt.org is a project of Victoria University, operated with the support of Aristotle International, a U.S. non-partisan political technology company. Its purpose is educational. Prediction markets, like this one, are attracting a lot of academic and practical interest. So, you get to play for fun, investing modest amounts in your informed predictions, while helping the experts better understand the wisdom of the crowd.
PredictIt functions like a stock market where you can buy and sell shares in predictions minute by minute. If you think the event is more likely than the market reflects, you’ll want to buy shares at today’s price and either sell your shares when the price goes up or hold them until the event occurs. You’ll want to do the reverse if you think the event is less likely to happen. You’ll win at PredictIt not only by divining the future, but knowing when to cash in.
- Provide ad hoc reports and data sets based on end user requests
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Statistics
- 3 years of solid SQL Development experience
- Advance knowledge of SQL, SSRS
- Knowledge of statistical concepts
- Experience using statistical software (Stata, SAS, R)
- Ability to present research findings via oral or written analysis
- C#, LINQ, Entity Framework
- jQuery, VueJS
- Google Analytics
- Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
- Experience in some combination of data science, statistical modeling and business analytics.
- Some understanding of financial markets and market structure
Please click here to Apply.