At Aristotle, we are building innovative software systems used by political organizations to reach their constituents. We are looking for a Senior Database Developer with DBA experience who can take the lead on our latest project, PredictIt—a political futures exchange where you can buy and sell predictions on the outcome of political events. This is an exciting new market and career opportunity.
PredictIt.org is a project of Victoria University, operated with the support of Aristotle International, a U.S. non-partisan political technology company. Its purpose is educational. Prediction markets, like this one, are attracting a lot of academic and practical interest. So, you get to play for fun, investing modest amounts in your informed predictions, while helping the experts better understand the wisdom of the crowd.
PredictIt functions like a stock market where you can buy and sell shares in predictions minute by minute. If you think the event is more likely than the market reflects, you’ll want to buy shares at today’s price and either sell your shares when the price goes up or hold them until the event occurs. You’ll want to do the reverse if you think the event is less likely to happen. You’ll win at PredictIt not only by divining the future, but knowing when to cash in.
- Production support: troubleshoot, report, and prioritize bugs on operational issues with the production data pipeline
- Improve and promote operational scalability and standardization
- Resolves complex database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Index maintenance
- Setting up backup, replication, load balancing, mirroring and clustering
- Monitor and tuning databases for efficiency and help drive improvements
- Work with development team to help them create highly reliable data applications
- Tuning hardware and software settings.
- Create tools and processes to automate administration and monitoring
- Create reports, visualizations, analytics for internal end user consumption
- Provides ad hoc reports and data sets based on end user requests
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- 3 years of solid SQL Development experience
- Knowledge of statistical concepts
- Experience handling large amounts of data
- Solid skills in database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- Advance knowledge of MS SQL, SSRS
- C#, LINQ, Entity Framework
- Strong writing skills
- ASP.NET, MVC, Web API 2.0, Web Form
- jQuery, VueJS
- Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
- Experience in some combination of data science, statistical modeling and business analytics.
- Some understanding of financial markets and market structure
Please click here to Apply.