At Aristotle, we are building innovative software systems used by political organizations to reach their constituents. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can take the lead on our latest project, PredictIt—a political futures exchange where you can buy and sell predictions on the outcome of political events. This is an exciting new market and career opportunity.
PredictIt.org is a project of Victoria University, operated with the support of Aristotle International, a U.S. non-partisan political technology company. Its purpose is educational. Prediction markets, like this one, are attracting a lot of academic and practical interest. So, you get to play for fun, investing modest amounts in your informed predictions, while helping the experts better understand the wisdom of the crowd.
PredictIt functions like a stock market where you can buy and sell shares in predictions minute by minute. If you think the event is more likely than the market reflects, you’ll want to buy shares at today’s price and either sell your shares when the price goes up or hold them until the event occurs. You’ll want to do the reverse if you think the event is less likely to happen. You’ll win at PredictIt not only by divining the future, but knowing when to cash in.
- Apply best practices, design patterns and cutting-edge technologies of web development and mobile development
- Conduct Architectural & Technical reviews during software development life cycle and provide suggestions for performance improvements
- Consult with project teams and business owners to proactively analyze system performance and obtain information on limitations / capabilities, performance requirements, hardware & software interfaces to develop specifications and resolve technical issues related to performance
- Responsible for capacity estimation/planning, modeling, monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise business applications
- Monitor resource usage for physical servers, application servers & databases to drive optimization changes in production environment
- Conduct system performance and stress testing, analyze test results and suggest action plans.
- Drive performance engineering as an integral step during the software development life cycle.
- Redesign trade systems
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years of experience designing, developing and implementing enterprise grade software systems using .NET framework
- 1+ Years of CI/CD/Configuration Management tools IE…Jenkins/Chef/Octopus Deploy/Puppet/Azure DSC
- Demonstrated experience in design and coding standards, analysis and debugging multi-tiered applications
- In-depth knowledge of ASP NET, OOP (C#) and back end technologies
- Experience with IIS, SQL Server, Continuous Integration and Continuous Development experience
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills.
- Worked with high volume, highly scalable SaaS infrastructures
- TFS, Build definitions, branches, merging.
- Scaling Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- HTML5, Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery, Vue.js
- ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, Web Form
- Enterprise Library, Entity Framework, Linq, T4
- SSRS, SQL Server 2016
- Team Foundation System 2012, Visual Studio 2017
- Community or Social Media Integration
- Systems administration experience, including work in large scale computing environments
Please click here to Apply.