At Aristotle, we are building innovative software systems used by political organizations to reach their constituents. We are looking for a Software Project Manager who can manage our latest project, PredictIt—a political futures exchange where you can buy and sell predictions on the outcome of political events. This is an exciting new market and career opportunity.
PredictIt.org is a project of Victoria University, operated with the support of Aristotle International, a U.S. non-partisan political technology company. Its purpose is educational. Prediction markets, like PredictIt, are attracting a lot of academic and research interest. Players get to play for fun, investing modest amounts in their informed predictions, while helping researchers better understand the wisdom of the crowd.
PredictIt functions like a stock market where participants can buy and sell shares in predictions minute by minute. If a player thinks an event is more likely than the market reflects, they’ll want to buy shares at today’s price and either sell their shares when the price goes up or hold them until the event occurs. They’ll want to do the opposite if you think the event is less likely to happen. Players win at PredictIt not only by predicting the outcome accurately, but also knowing when to cash in.
- Maximize effectiveness by developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of the project success criteria, domain area, and objectives.
- Lead weekly project briefings with stakeholders.
- Monitor project progress, track action items, and manage project risks.
- 3-5 years of Software Development Project Management in software development or information technology environment.
- PMP or similar certification in project management is preferred.
- Strong experience with Software Development projects.
- Must have a proven track record of successfully managing software development engagements
- Experience with RUP, MSF, Scrum, iterative or similar agile software development process/framework.
- Experience managing projects with geographically distributed development and QA resources.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Intermediate to expert skills using Microsoft Office suite including Project and Visio
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Microsoft TFS
- Experience in .NET/SQL environment
- B.S. Computer Science or Information Systems
Please click here to Apply.