At Aristotle, we are building innovative software systems used by political organizations to reach their constituents. We are looking for a Quality Control Specialist to be a part of our latest project, PredictIt—a political futures exchange where you can buy and sell predictions on the outcome of political events. This is an exciting new market and career opportunity.
PredictIt is a project of Victoria University, operated with the support of Aristotle International, a U.S. non-partisan political technology company. Its purpose is educational. Prediction markets, like this one, are attracting a lot of academic and practical interest. So, you get to play for fun, investing modest amounts in your informed predictions, while helping the experts better understand the wisdom of the crowd.
PredictIt functions like a stock market where you can buy and sell shares in predictions minute by minute. If you think the event is more likely than the market reflects, you’ll want to buy shares at today’s price and either sell your shares when the price goes up or hold them until the event occurs. You’ll want to do the reverse if you think the event is less likely to happen. You’ll win at PredictIt not only by divining the future, but knowing when to cash in.
General Description:The QC Specialist measures and validates software quality via use of industry standard testing tools, automation tools and methodologies. The QC Specialist identifies and documents program defects; researches root causes, and ensure fixes are made.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus 2-4 years of experience in computers and/or applications development and testing.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-4 years of quality assurance and testing experience within a system/networking development environment. More than an year of QC automation experience with Selenium.
- Strong experience in Selenium automation is a MUST. Must have experience generating automation tests for Complex Web applications which can be run on multiple browsers using Selenium.
- Must have some experience doing load testing for web applications.
- Understanding of QC principles and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with preparation of formal test plans, test cases and bug reporting (using an automated bug tracking system).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows, MS SQL, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, as well as Excel, Access and other databases.
- Strong Analysis and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and initiative on a day-to-day basis and to initiate and successfully manage testing cycles requiring cooperation among diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well on technical subjects in both written and oral form.
Please click here to Apply.