Aristotle is looking for a talented Web Designer to join the Marketing Team to create website design and coding, email layouts, Web ads, landing pages and infographics, as well as some printed materials. You will also develop and maintain branding for company projects, including logos, color schemes, slide decks, etc.
Joining this Marketing Team, you will see your designs have an immediate impact on the success of the company. With the artistic freedom to really shine, the creative possibilities are endless.
You’ll be using your great eye for typography, imagery, and composition to create designs that attract users’ attention and make our great products shine. A successful candidate will be able to turn around high-level design work in a fast-paced environment and must be able to interact with the entire team in order to discuss design ideas. You will be expected to design creative website mockups and have the ability to produce usable HTML/CSS/images for marketing WordPress websites. You must have the knowledge to manage WordPress on the front-end and back-end.
- Create mobile-responsive websites and landing pages
- Create functional wireframes to aid development
- Manage marketing WordPress sites and servers
- Adapt existing designs to different sizes, layouts or variations for implementation
- Research and suggest ideas for ads, emails and Web pages that form the foundation of marketing campaigns
- Create digital marketing materials, such as ads for Facebook, Google, etc. with a thoughtful understanding of advertising principles
- Create marketing email templates for Pardot and Optimail platforms
- Create infographics
- Create print collateral including banners, flyers, etc.
- Keep files organized and backed up consistently, with documentation
- Enforce a consistent style and branding across products and channels
- 2+ years of experience in Web design
- Demonstrated ability in understanding color theory and execution of such concepts.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Familiar with UI/UX design
- Experienced in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Detail oriented
- A self-starter who can conceptualize and design stunning materials
- A true team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Simple design test required
- Familiarity with cross-browser testing, responsive design and mobile design principles
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences in Design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to design mobile responsive websites for WordPress
- Experience in designing and coding responsive HTML emails
- Experience in managing WordPress sites
- Working in a Mac and PC environment
- Work on-site at the Aristotle DC offices on Capitol Hill
A plus but not required:
- Understanding of SEO
- Animated Web banners experience
- Creative interactive Web infographics
Please no design firms or developers not wishing to work from Washington, DC as full-time employees.
Please click here to apply.