At Aristotle, we are building innovative software systems used by political organizations to reach their constituents. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who can take the lead on our latest project, PredictIt—a political futures exchange where you can buy and sell predictions on the outcome of political events. This is an exciting new market and career opportunity.
PredictIt.org is a project of Victoria University, operated with the support of Aristotle International, a U.S. non-partisan political technology company. Its purpose is educational. Prediction markets, like this one, are attracting a lot of academic and practical interest. So, you get to play for fun, investing modest amounts in your informed predictions, while helping the experts better understand the wisdom of the crowd.
Predictit.org is looking for a business intelligence analyst to build and analyze data sets to derive business insights and communicate results to the Marketing Team and the rest of the Predictit team. You will partner with internal teams and contractors to define and prioritize reporting and analysis requirements, and have the opportunity to make a big impact on business decisions in the development and marketing teams. Leverage your data analysis and statistical modeling prowess to deliver actionable recommendations. Create and analyze custom reports and measurable campaigns using our CRM and analytic tools to create, test and optimize funnels. Present results to the decision makers so the best business decisions are made, initially concentrating on the on-boarding and retention cycles to ensure a positive ROI.
1) Use user attributes and threshold values to create and refine effective triggers for automated messaging. Set measurable requirements and indicate the tools generally used for each type of goal— retention, CA, CS, UX design improvement and content. The goal of this effort would be to establish an initial trigger list.
2) Establish an A/B test frame work which will be critical during the on-boarding funnel improvement. Additionally, the triggers developed above with be incrementally implemented and tested.
3) As the data sets become available, use the data to segment users into measurable campaigns and recommend how to use the data to establish a baseline and to find boundary conditions and optimize values. Experiment with filters to locate potential segments for campaigns as well as how to track and analyze the results.
- 5+ years data analytics experience -Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, related discipline or equivalent experience -Intellectual curiosity and strong problem-solving skills -Experience working with large data sets and loves to work with data -Keen ability to communicate, including experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience in gaming/gambling/prediction market industry a plus.
- Experience using SQL and Excel for data analysis and presentation.
- Coursework in statistics, machine learning or data mining
- Experience in statistical data analysis and data mining packages (R, Python, SPSS, Matlab)
- Ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- Preferred Qualifications -Master’s degree in Business, Statistics, related discipline or equivalent experience
Please click here to Apply.